Faculty of Administration was created in 1976 from the former Institute of Administration founded in 1963. The Department of Public Administration inherited all the programmes of the institute, which had a public service orientation at its inception in 1976. Over the years, the Department has made a landmark in stimulating original research that advances debates in Public Administration, public policy, governance, African/International Studies, public financial management, among others.
To create a teaching and learning community for imparting appropriate skills and knowledge, behavior and attitude, advance frontiers of knowledge that is relevant to national and global development and engender a sense of selfless public service.
The vision is of a top rated university in Africa, ranked among the best in the world, whose products occupy leadership positions in the public and private sectors of the Nigerian and global economy, that has harnessed modern technology, social, economic and financial strategies.
Names of all approved Programmes in the Department
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Public Administration
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in University Administration (PGUA)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Public Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Administration
Names of Journals Available and Currently Publishing Volumes in the Department
- African Journal of Institution and Development (AJID)
- Ife Journal of Public Administration